Lun was having a difficult time in his family. He was living with his father but things were not easy for Lun. There was only one primary school in the village. His uncle was not at all happy with his nephew's situation and was concerned for his future, so he intervened and brought Lun to the Agape home for help.
Lun is a talkative boy. He was quite down about life. He has not received a basic education and so there is a lot for him to learn and grow in. We hope to help, encourage and teach him. His hobbies are playing football and drawing, which he loves to do.
In Myanmar (formerly known as Burma), families live in isolated villages, days away from the nearest town. Straw huts with bare bamboo walls are home to people who labour in the scorching sun day after day just to scrape by. While in recent years, western embargos have been lifted, people are still trapped in poverty with 29% of children suffering from stunting due to malnutrition. Although education for children is compulsory, hundreds of thousands of children do not have access to school and for those who do, the many obstacles they face result in 6 out of 10 children dropping out before the age of 14
Today we are providing loving care to orphaned children from persecuted minorities in our purpose built children’s villages. Our schools are prioritising education for at risk and children. Through identifying and raising up quality teachers we’re inspiring a new generation to rise above their circumstances and reach their potential.
92% of your donation will be used to directly provide the best care possible for Lun. We’ll use the remaining 8% to support the work of Stand by Me and find a sponsor for the next child.
When you sponsor Lun you will receive a pack in the post with his story and photo. Every year you will receive an update about his/her progress, a new photo and at least one communication from him/her.
We know our kids love to receive your letters and write back so we encourage you to write as many letters as you like, along with photos and birthday gifts to develop a genuine relationship.
Ask us anything. We’ve helped sponsors change 1000s of kids’ lives, and we know it can be a big decision. We’re here to help you every step of the way.