Meet Yaw

Myanmar

When Yaw's father passed away his mother struggled to care for her many children. She asked for our help to take her two sons into our care, which because of their circumstances we did. 

Yaw  is now living here with his younger brother Ngua. Yaw is a shy boy but enjoys playing football. 

He had not received a proper education before and so he is starting to learn the basics. The love and encouragement of a sponsor could make a significant difference to Yaw's self esteem and confidence letting him know he is loved. 

Where Yaw lives

In Myanmar (formerly known as Burma), families live in isolated villages, days away from the nearest town. Straw huts with bare bamboo walls are home to people who labour in the scorching sun day after day just to scrape by. While in recent years, western embargos have been lifted, people are still trapped in poverty with 29% of children suffering from stunting due to malnutrition. Although education for children is compulsory, hundreds of thousands of children do not have access to school and for those who do, the many obstacles they face result in 6 out of 10 children dropping out before the age of 14

Today we are providing loving care to orphaned children from persecuted minorities in our purpose built children’s villages. Our schools are prioritising education for at risk and children. Through identifying and raising up quality teachers we’re inspiring a new generation to rise above their circumstances and reach their potential. 

How your donation is used

92% of your donation will be used to directly provide the best care possible for Yaw. We’ll use the remaining 8% to support the work of Stand by Me and find a sponsor for the next child.

What you receive

When you sponsor Yaw you will receive a pack in the post with his story and photo. Every year you will receive an update about his/her progress, a new photo and at least one communication from him/her.

Real relationship

We know our kids love to receive your letters and write back so we encourage you to write as many letters as you like, along with photos and birthday gifts to develop a genuine relationship.

Contact form image
Stand by... almost there...