Meet Neymar

Aged 8, Colombia

Neymar lives with his father, grandparents, uncle and aunt. His grandmother takes care of him as his father works all day on a farm. Their home is brick built with a zinc roof. Neymar shares a bedroom with his grandparents.  They collect water from the river and also bathe there. 

With sponsorship provision, Neymar at the Stand by Me centre can receive educational and emotional support, along with nutritional food.

Neymar likes art and loves making things. He enjoys playing football and like many young lads in Colombia would love to become a professional football player one day.

Where Neymar lives

The gulf between the haves and the have-nots in Colombia is alarming. Decades of civil war and conflict have resulted in a country plagued by violence and murder. For six million children deep in poverty, a lack of educational opportunities and malnutrition is an everyday reality. Children have severe health issues worsened due to not being able to afford medical treatment. Many children suffer from psychological problems as a result of neglect, abuse and violence experienced in their homes.

We established a care centre in 2015 to support families through educational provision, meals, counselling, training and housing support. Every day, our children come to our care centre eager to learn, play and receive emotional support. 


How your donation is used

88% of your donation will be used to directly provide the best care possible for Neymar. We'll use the remaining 12% to support the work of Stand by Me and find a sponsor for the next child.

What you receive

When you sponsor Neymar you will receive a pack in the post with his story and photo. Every year you will receive an update about his/her progress, a new photo and at least one communication from him/her.

Real relationship

We know our kids love to receive your letters and write back so we encourage you to write as many letters as you like, along with photos and birthday gifts to develop a genuine relationship.

Stand by... almost there...