Meet Eileen

Aged 7, Colombia

Eileen lives with her parents and her three younger siblings in their house that has no clean water and little furniture. Her dad works on a farm and her mum is a housewife. They buy water to drink and cook with. Eileen shares her bedroom and bed with her sister. Eileen's parents find it difficult to provide for the family's needs. 

With sponsorship provision Eileen can attend the Stand by Me Care Centre where she can do her homework, play, make new friends, receive nutritious food, have access to healthcare and the opportunity of vital educational support.

Eileen enjoys going to school to learn, play, draw, and colour. Her favourite subject is Art. She is very creative, smart, kind and loving. In her free time Eileen enjoys skating, dancing, playing and running. She also likes to watch TV with her siblings. Her favourite colour is pink and her favourite food is chicken rice and fried sweet plantain. Eileen sometimes attends a Christian church with her family. When she grows up Eileen wants to be a firefighter.

Where Eileen lives

The gulf between the haves and the have-nots in Colombia is alarming. Decades of civil war and conflict have resulted in a country plagued by violence and murder. For six million children deep in poverty, a lack of educational opportunities and malnutrition is an everyday reality. Children have severe health issues worsened due to not being able to afford medical treatment. Many children suffer from psychological problems as a result of neglect, abuse and violence experienced in their homes.

We established a care centre in 2015 to support families through educational provision, meals, counselling, training and housing support. Every day, our children come to our care centre eager to learn, play and receive emotional support. 


How your donation is used

92% of your donation will be used to directly provide the best care possible for Eileen. We’ll use the remaining 8% to support the work of Stand by Me and find a sponsor for the next child.

What you receive

When you sponsor Eileen you will receive a pack in the post with his story and photo. Every year you will receive an update about his/her progress, a new photo and at least one communication from him/her.

Real relationship

We know our kids love to receive your letters and write back so we encourage you to write as many letters as you like, along with photos and birthday gifts to develop a genuine relationship.

Stand by... almost there...