Meet Lesly

Colombia

Lesly lives with her parents and younger sister. Things are challenging for this family.  Lesly’s father provides for the family the best he can on his wages from being a guard; however it is insufficient for the family's needs.  They have to collect their water from the river and Lesly shares a bed with her sister. 

Lesly was accepted into the Stand By Me Care Centre programme, where with sponsorship support she will receive nutritional and educational support.  She will also be given teaching and guidance.  

Lesly enjoys language and likes listening to stories. She likes to ride a bicycle and play with water. She would like to become a doctor and also a model when she grows up!

Where Lesly lives

The gulf between the haves and the have-nots in Colombia is alarming. Decades of civil war and conflict have resulted in a country plagued by violence and murder. For six million children deep in poverty, a lack of educational opportunities and malnutrition is an everyday reality. Children have severe health issues worsened due to not being able to afford medical treatment. Many children suffer from psychological problems as a result of neglect, abuse and violence experienced in their homes.

We established a care centre in 2015 to support families through educational provision, meals, counselling, training and housing support. Every day, our children come to our care centre eager to learn, play and receive emotional support. 

 

How your donation is used

92% of your donation will be used to directly provide the best care possible for Lesly. We’ll use the remaining 8% to support the work of Stand by Me and find a sponsor for the next child.

What you receive

When you sponsor Lesly you will receive a pack in the post with his story and photo. Every year you will receive an update about his/her progress, a new photo and at least one communication from him/her.

Real relationship

We know our kids love to receive your letters and write back so we encourage you to write as many letters as you like, along with photos and birthday gifts to develop a genuine relationship.

Contact form image
Stand by... almost there...