Meet Jamkhogin

Aged 12, India

Jamkhogin lived in a village with his mother. She had a low income and was struggling to provide for her children.  Learning of their situation and on her request, Stand by Me accepted Jamkhogin into the Stand by Me home, where with sponsorship provision he has the opportunity of the support he needs to thrive in a loving environment.  

Jamkhogin is very hard working and sincere. He likes to play football games and other activities.

Where Jamkhogin lives

The unsettled region known as Indo Burma, in the North East of India, is troubled by tribal wars. There are hundreds of orphaned children whose parents have died through ethnic cleansing at the hands of insurgents. Children and their families suffer from little investment from authorities, resulting in almost no medical or educational provision. Girls face deep rooted social attitudes which place little value on women’s rights which often leads to violence, neglect and discrimination.

Our Agape Children’s Home is a safe haven where forgotten children, especially girls, can grow in confidence and love. Through regular food, healthcare and the opportunity of a great education, our children can thrive. 

How your donation is used

92% of your donation will be used to directly provide the best care possible for Jamkhogin. We’ll use the remaining 8% to support the work of Stand by Me and find a sponsor for the next child.

What you receive

When you sponsor Jamkhogin you will receive a pack in the post with his story and photo. Every year you will receive an update about his/her progress, a new photo and at least one communication from him/her.

Real relationship

We know our kids love to receive your letters and write back so we encourage you to write as many letters as you like, along with photos and birthday gifts to develop a genuine relationship.

Stand by... almost there...