Bravin's mother is a housewife but sometimes has to go and do casual jobs to be able to feed her children.
Bravin's family use firewood as their cooking fuel and they fetch it from the bushes and the forest or sometimes they buy it. They have dug their own borehole and they boil this water before drinking it.
Bravin's father has leased his three acres of land and the money he receives is used for attending to the household needs. They also have one dairy cow that gives them milk and they keep a few chickens for eggs. Despite this, the children are often seen hungry wandering around the village.
Bravin loves coming to school and doing school work related activities. He also loves helping his mother with the household chores and enjoys going to Sunday school each week. Bravin dreams of being a pilot one day.
The Open Arms project is joining the Stand by Me family in January 2022. Open Arms International was founded in 2006 to meet the immediate needs of orphaned and abandoned children in western Kenya who were suffering from a wide variety of life-threatening diseases. After the 2008 political violence left thousands of children orphaned, abandoned and homeless, the project grew to support more children. Today, the Open Arms Village is now home to over 150 children with 10 purpose-built family homes.
92% of your donation will be used to directly provide the best care possible for Bravin. We’ll use the remaining 8% to support the work of Stand by Me and find a sponsor for the next child.
When you sponsor Bravin you will receive a pack in the post with his story and photo. Every year you will receive an update about his/her progress, a new photo and at least one communication from him/her.
We know our kids love to receive your letters and write back so we encourage you to write as many letters as you like, along with photos and birthday gifts to develop a genuine relationship.
Ask us anything. We’ve helped sponsors change 1000s of kids’ lives, and we know it can be a big decision. We’re here to help you every step of the way.