Duncan lives with his parents and siblings in a rented one-room house. They cook using a small charcoal oven as they have no kitchen. His parents sleep on the floor, with the children sleeping on old sacks. Both of his parents are casual labourers to try and earn an income to feed their children and they are often out searching for work.
Duncan has now joined the sponsorship programme, where with sponsorship provision, he has access to a quality education in a loving and caring environment.
Duncan is a quiet boy, even when playing with his friends, but he cannot wait to go to school.
The Open Arms project is joining the Stand by Me family in January 2022. Open Arms International was founded in 2006 to meet the immediate needs of orphaned and abandoned children in western Kenya who were suffering from a wide variety of life-threatening diseases. After the 2008 political violence left thousands of children orphaned, abandoned and homeless, the project grew to support more children. Today, the Open Arms Village is now home to over 150 children with 10 purpose-built family homes.
92% of your donation will be used to directly provide the best care possible for Duncan. We’ll use the remaining 8% to support the work of Stand by Me and find a sponsor for the next child.
When you sponsor Duncan you will receive a pack in the post with his story and photo. Every year you will receive an update about his/her progress, a new photo and at least one communication from him/her.
We know our kids love to receive your letters and write back so we encourage you to write as many letters as you like, along with photos and birthday gifts to develop a genuine relationship.
Ask us anything. We’ve helped sponsors change 1000s of kids’ lives, and we know it can be a big decision. We’re here to help you every step of the way.