Eli was abandoned by his mother straight after birth at the midwife's house. The midwife herself, with the help of another person, cared for Eli for three days, and then reported the situation to the police. Eli was taken to the local hospital for a medical check up and to be cared for whilst investigations took place to find his mother. The children's officer recommended that he join the Open Arms Village.
At the Open Arms Village with sponsorship support, he can receive the love, care and protection he needs to thrive. He is also able to study at the Open Arms Academy and receive a quality education.
Eli is a confident and friendly boy. He loves playing football with other children of his age, and gets along well with them. He enjoys talking to others and loves to be close to his guardians. He is learning good behaviours. Eli enjoys being in school. He has a positive attitude towards his learning and his interest in books is growing. He loves reading and likes to participate in story telling and singing. He has the ability to ask questions whenever he needs clarity on something. He can work independently at school and at home and always does his homework without any supervision. His creativity is so impressive and he always finds a way to solve any problems that come up between himself and other children.
The Open Arms project is joining the Stand by Me family in January 2022. Open Arms International was founded in 2006 to meet the immediate needs of orphaned and abandoned children in western Kenya who were suffering from a wide variety of life-threatening diseases. After the 2008 political violence left thousands of children orphaned, abandoned and homeless, the project grew to support more children. Today, the Open Arms Village is now home to over 150 children with 10 purpose-built family homes.
92% of your donation will be used to directly provide the best care possible for Eli. We’ll use the remaining 8% to support the work of Stand by Me and find a sponsor for the next child.
When you sponsor Eli you will receive a pack in the post with his story and photo. Every year you will receive an update about his/her progress, a new photo and at least one communication from him/her.
We know our kids love to receive your letters and write back so we encourage you to write as many letters as you like, along with photos and birthday gifts to develop a genuine relationship.
Ask us anything. We’ve helped sponsors change 1000s of kids’ lives, and we know it can be a big decision. We’re here to help you every step of the way.