Jesse is from a close-knit family. They live on a small farm and Jesse's father is employed as the caretaker since the owners of the land live in a different town. Jesse's mother washes clothes for people and does any other casual work she can find. Jesse's family have been given a small two room house made of iron sheets. They have one bed which they share. They cook outside, whenever possible. They collect their water from a well within the compound that is safe and clean for domestic use, but they have to boil their water before drinking. After paying school fees for Jesse's older brother and providing for their parents needs, Jesse's parents are not able to save any of the money that they make. It is a daily struggle.
By being part of the Stand by Me sponsorship programme, Jesse can access a quality education, meals and other support, which will help this family.
Jesse is shy, but says when he is older he would love to own a school and ensure that every child gets to go to school. He loves playing football and cannot wait for the neighbour's children to be back home so that they can play a match. He also loves rolling old tyres in the dust road that leads to his home.
The Open Arms project is joining the Stand by Me family in January 2022. Open Arms International was founded in 2006 to meet the immediate needs of orphaned and abandoned children in western Kenya who were suffering from a wide variety of life-threatening diseases. After the 2008 political violence left thousands of children orphaned, abandoned and homeless, the project grew to support more children. Today, the Open Arms Village is now home to over 150 children with 10 purpose-built family homes.
92% of your donation will be used to directly provide the best care possible for Jesse. We’ll use the remaining 8% to support the work of Stand by Me and find a sponsor for the next child.
When you sponsor Jesse you will receive a pack in the post with his story and photo. Every year you will receive an update about his/her progress, a new photo and at least one communication from him/her.
We know our kids love to receive your letters and write back so we encourage you to write as many letters as you like, along with photos and birthday gifts to develop a genuine relationship.
Ask us anything. We’ve helped sponsors change 1000s of kids’ lives, and we know it can be a big decision. We’re here to help you every step of the way.