Stacy and her family live in a rented house on a compound with three other households, all sharing a borehole, and toilet facilities. She prepares meals for her family using a small charcoal oven, and when they cannot afford the charcoal they use small sticks to burn instead. The family have an old worn mattress. The inside walls of the house are covered with polythene to keep the rain off during the rainy season. A bed sheet which hangs in the middle of the room separates the living and cooking area from the sleeping area. Stacy’s parents are both casual labourers who rely on their daily earnings to meet their basic needs, but this is difficult.
With the support that comes through sponsorship in the Stand by Me programme, Stacy will have access to a good education, quality meals, material support and many other blessings.
Stacy is a very confident girl, but a girl of few words. She and her older sister are best friends, and they look out for each other and enjoy playing together. She also likes pretending to be a teacher and says that when she grows up, she would like to become one.
The Open Arms project is joining the Stand by Me family in January 2022. Open Arms International was founded in 2006 to meet the immediate needs of orphaned and abandoned children in western Kenya who were suffering from a wide variety of life-threatening diseases. After the 2008 political violence left thousands of children orphaned, abandoned and homeless, the project grew to support more children. Today, the Open Arms Village is now home to over 150 children with 10 purpose-built family homes.
92% of your donation will be used to directly provide the best care possible for Stacy. We’ll use the remaining 8% to support the work of Stand by Me and find a sponsor for the next child.
When you sponsor Stacy you will receive a pack in the post with his story and photo. Every year you will receive an update about his/her progress, a new photo and at least one communication from him/her.
We know our kids love to receive your letters and write back so we encourage you to write as many letters as you like, along with photos and birthday gifts to develop a genuine relationship.
Ask us anything. We’ve helped sponsors change 1000s of kids’ lives, and we know it can be a big decision. We’re here to help you every step of the way.