Cosmas lives with his parents and siblings in their own home. Both his parents are casual labourers. Their house is made of iron sheets on the roof with an earth floor. They fetch their water to drink from a local river. They have a pit latrine, but it is in a poor condition. As they depend on casual work and do not have any land they can till or raise animals on, their income is low and it goes on their daily needs. To assist the family, Cosmas has been accepted on the sponsorship programme to receive educational support.
Cosmas is always smiling. He loves playing football and helping his mother. He would like to be a driver when he grows up.
The Open Arms project is joining the Stand by Me family in January 2022. Open Arms International was founded in 2006 to meet the immediate needs of orphaned and abandoned children in western Kenya who were suffering from a wide variety of life-threatening diseases. After the 2008 political violence left thousands of children orphaned, abandoned and homeless, the project grew to support more children. Today, the Open Arms Village is now home to over 150 children with 10 purpose-built family homes.
92% of your donation will be used to directly provide the best care possible for Cosmas. We’ll use the remaining 8% to support the work of Stand by Me and find a sponsor for the next child.
When you sponsor Cosmas you will receive a pack in the post with his story and photo. Every year you will receive an update about his/her progress, a new photo and at least one communication from him/her.
We know our kids love to receive your letters and write back so we encourage you to write as many letters as you like, along with photos and birthday gifts to develop a genuine relationship.
Ask us anything. We’ve helped sponsors change 1000s of kids’ lives, and we know it can be a big decision. We’re here to help you every step of the way.