Meet Faith

Aged 8, Kenya

Faith lives with both her parents, her siblings and her cousin. Her father does casual jobs to provide for his family. Her older siblings are in grade three, six and seven, with the youngest just an infant. Her cousin is in the early level at school. 

Their home is made of mud with a grass thatch and an earth floor. They have access to clean piped water, which is safe enough for them to drink. They have a toilet but it is in a poor condition. Faith's father has planted maize on a small piece of land and has a small banana plantation, all for their family's consumption. Faith has been accepted onto the sponsorship programme to assist the family and provide her with a quality education.

Faith enjoys skipping with a rope with her friends and likes helping her mother. She loves going to school and would like to be a doctor.

Where Faith lives

The Open Arms project is joining the Stand by Me family in January 2022. Open Arms International was founded in 2006 to meet the immediate needs of orphaned and abandoned children in western Kenya who were suffering from a wide variety of life-threatening diseases. After the 2008 political violence left thousands of children orphaned, abandoned and homeless, the project grew to support more children. Today, the Open Arms Village is now home to over 150 children with 10 purpose-built family homes.

How your donation is used

92% of your donation will be used to directly provide the best care possible for Faith. We’ll use the remaining 8% to support the work of Stand by Me and find a sponsor for the next child.

What you receive

When you sponsor Faith you will receive a pack in the post with his story and photo. Every year you will receive an update about his/her progress, a new photo and at least one communication from him/her.

Real relationship

We know our kids love to receive your letters and write back so we encourage you to write as many letters as you like, along with photos and birthday gifts to develop a genuine relationship.

Stand by... almost there...