Meet Brenelius

Aged 13, Kenya

Brenelius lives with his aunt, who has taken the role of his guardian. His older brother stays with his grandmother in another town and all his other siblings live with their mother elsewhere. Brenelius' aunt has a well in the compound which gives them access to water (which they boil before drinking). His aunt rears chickens and sells eggs to earn money to take care of Brenelius and her own child whom has some special needs. Most of her money goes towards her child's medication. Learning of their needs, Brenelius has been accepted onto the sponsorship programme for extra support. 

Brenelius is an active, well disciplined boy both at home and at school and he loves playing football. He also loves science and math and would like to be a mechanical engineer when he grows up.

Where Brenelius lives

The Open Arms project is joining the Stand by Me family in January 2022. Open Arms International was founded in 2006 to meet the immediate needs of orphaned and abandoned children in western Kenya who were suffering from a wide variety of life-threatening diseases. After the 2008 political violence left thousands of children orphaned, abandoned and homeless, the project grew to support more children. Today, the Open Arms Village is now home to over 150 children with 10 purpose-built family homes.

How your donation is used

92% of your donation will be used to directly provide the best care possible for Brenelius. We’ll use the remaining 8% to support the work of Stand by Me and find a sponsor for the next child.

What you receive

When you sponsor Brenelius you will receive a pack in the post with his story and photo. Every year you will receive an update about his/her progress, a new photo and at least one communication from him/her.

Real relationship

We know our kids love to receive your letters and write back so we encourage you to write as many letters as you like, along with photos and birthday gifts to develop a genuine relationship.

Stand by... almost there...