Faizah lives with her parents, twin sister and brother on a rented piece of land. Her parents do casual jobs in order to feed the family and pay the school fees. Her brother is in high school and her sister is in the same class as her. They have a two room house on a compound.
Since Faiza and her family live on rented land, they do not have their own well but have to go to a river that is a fair distance away to fetch water, which they then boil so that it is safe to drink. Their pit latrine is made of mud and iron sheets, which they can safely use.
Faizah has been accepted onto the sponsorship programme, which will provide much needed support to this family.
Faiza is a very sociable girl and always seems happy. She is not shy in expressing exactly how she feels. Her performance in school is good, but will improve with support.
The Open Arms project is joining the Stand by Me family in January 2022. Open Arms International was founded in 2006 to meet the immediate needs of orphaned and abandoned children in western Kenya who were suffering from a wide variety of life-threatening diseases. After the 2008 political violence left thousands of children orphaned, abandoned and homeless, the project grew to support more children. Today, the Open Arms Village is now home to over 150 children with 10 purpose-built family homes.
92% of your donation will be used to directly provide the best care possible for Faizah. We’ll use the remaining 8% to support the work of Stand by Me and find a sponsor for the next child.
When you sponsor Faizah you will receive a pack in the post with his story and photo. Every year you will receive an update about his/her progress, a new photo and at least one communication from him/her.
We know our kids love to receive your letters and write back so we encourage you to write as many letters as you like, along with photos and birthday gifts to develop a genuine relationship.
Ask us anything. We’ve helped sponsors change 1000s of kids’ lives, and we know it can be a big decision. We’re here to help you every step of the way.