Moris lives in a small rented house with an iron roof and cement floor. The living conditions are very cramped with his parents, five siblings and two nieces all living there. Together with their neighbours, they share a well that has been dug by the roadside outside their premises, from which they get their water.
Moris' father does casual jobs to earn an income but after buying his meal during the day, he comes back home empty handed. This makes Moris' mother the sole provider and although she is not in the best of health, she does casual jobs so that she can support her children and grandchildren with her main form of earning an income collecting and selling firewood.
Moris' mother requested help so that all her children and grandchildren could go to school to receive an education.
We are glad to be supporting Moris who is a confident, well behaved boy who aspires to be a footballer when he grows up.
The Open Arms project is joining the Stand by Me family in January 2022. Open Arms International was founded in 2006 to meet the immediate needs of orphaned and abandoned children in western Kenya who were suffering from a wide variety of life-threatening diseases. After the 2008 political violence left thousands of children orphaned, abandoned and homeless, the project grew to support more children. Today, the Open Arms Village is now home to over 150 children with 10 purpose-built family homes.
92% of your donation will be used to directly provide the best care possible for Moris. We’ll use the remaining 8% to support the work of Stand by Me and find a sponsor for the next child.
When you sponsor Moris you will receive a pack in the post with his story and photo. Every year you will receive an update about his/her progress, a new photo and at least one communication from him/her.
We know our kids love to receive your letters and write back so we encourage you to write as many letters as you like, along with photos and birthday gifts to develop a genuine relationship.
Ask us anything. We’ve helped sponsors change 1000s of kids’ lives, and we know it can be a big decision. We’re here to help you every step of the way.