Abel is an only child. He lives with his mother and grandparents. His mother is young and is still at High School and is not able to provide for his daily needs. His father is also a High School student. So, Abel's grandparents take care of him while his parents continue with their education.
Abel's grandparents provide him with his basic needs and the family live in their own home, which is in a good condition although basic. They have access to clean water.
By joining the sponsorship programme, Abel has the opportunity of a quality education in a loving environment. Abel is such a happy and outgoing child, and we hope that he will be encouraged in our care to be able to work hard and improve in his studies and thrive.
The Open Arms project is joining the Stand by Me family in January 2022. Open Arms International was founded in 2006 to meet the immediate needs of orphaned and abandoned children in western Kenya who were suffering from a wide variety of life-threatening diseases. After the 2008 political violence left thousands of children orphaned, abandoned and homeless, the project grew to support more children. Today, the Open Arms Village is now home to over 150 children with 10 purpose-built family homes.
92% of your donation will be used to directly provide the best care possible for Abel. We’ll use the remaining 8% to support the work of Stand by Me and find a sponsor for the next child.
When you sponsor Abel you will receive a pack in the post with his story and photo. Every year you will receive an update about his/her progress, a new photo and at least one communication from him/her.
We know our kids love to receive your letters and write back so we encourage you to write as many letters as you like, along with photos and birthday gifts to develop a genuine relationship.
Ask us anything. We’ve helped sponsors change 1000s of kids’ lives, and we know it can be a big decision. We’re here to help you every step of the way.