Audney lives with his mother and siblings. They share a well that is within their small portion of family land and use a communal pit latrine. They fetch firewood to use to cook their meals.
Audney’s mother does casual work like digging people’s farms or doing laundry for people to earn an income, but it is not sufficient to pay the children’s school fees. Audney's brother is in a public high school and because of his football skills the school has offered to pay his school fees. With sponsorship provision, Audney can also have the opportunity to have a quality education and enable him to progress in life.
Audney is a young, playful and cheeky boy. He does well in school and his mother says that he really loves school. He does not know yet what he would like to be when he grows up.
The Open Arms project is joining the Stand by Me family in January 2022. Open Arms International was founded in 2006 to meet the immediate needs of orphaned and abandoned children in western Kenya who were suffering from a wide variety of life-threatening diseases. After the 2008 political violence left thousands of children orphaned, abandoned and homeless, the project grew to support more children. Today, the Open Arms Village is now home to over 150 children with 10 purpose-built family homes.
92% of your donation will be used to directly provide the best care possible for Audney. We’ll use the remaining 8% to support the work of Stand by Me and find a sponsor for the next child.
When you sponsor Audney you will receive a pack in the post with his story and photo. Every year you will receive an update about his/her progress, a new photo and at least one communication from him/her.
We know our kids love to receive your letters and write back so we encourage you to write as many letters as you like, along with photos and birthday gifts to develop a genuine relationship.
Ask us anything. We’ve helped sponsors change 1000s of kids’ lives, and we know it can be a big decision. We’re here to help you every step of the way.