Miriam was born on the streets and her mother was not able to take good care of her children. Two of her siblings were already in the Open Arms Village and the children's officers later decided to take Miriam and rescue her from the harsh life she was living and she was also brought to the Open Arms Village.
With sponsorship provision Miriam can have the care and protection she needs, along with a quality education. She is in grade four studying at the Open Arms Academy. She is always jovial, friendly, polite and thoughtful of others. She goes to school everyday and she is very determined and always has a positive attitude towards learning. Miriam is bold and daring. She is persistent and self driven to do whatever she is passionate about. She loves being part of extracurricular activities and she is passionate about cooking. She also loves participating in games. Her favourite games are role playing, football and athletics. She always talks about one day becoming a chef.
The Open Arms project is joining the Stand by Me family in January 2022. Open Arms International was founded in 2006 to meet the immediate needs of orphaned and abandoned children in western Kenya who were suffering from a wide variety of life-threatening diseases. After the 2008 political violence left thousands of children orphaned, abandoned and homeless, the project grew to support more children. Today, the Open Arms Village is now home to over 150 children with 10 purpose-built family homes.
92% of your donation will be used to directly provide the best care possible for Miriam. We’ll use the remaining 8% to support the work of Stand by Me and find a sponsor for the next child.
When you sponsor Miriam you will receive a pack in the post with his story and photo. Every year you will receive an update about his/her progress, a new photo and at least one communication from him/her.
We know our kids love to receive your letters and write back so we encourage you to write as many letters as you like, along with photos and birthday gifts to develop a genuine relationship.
Ask us anything. We’ve helped sponsors change 1000s of kids’ lives, and we know it can be a big decision. We’re here to help you every step of the way.