Meet Oslith

Aged 8, Colombia

Oslith lives with her parents and sister in Colombia. She likes to skip, play tag and play dodgeball. She also likes to play Barbies with her cousin.

Oslith’s father does not have a steady job and her mother cares for the children at home and their low income does not cover all of the family's daily needs. Oslith was accepted to be a part of our Care Centre programme where she is able to receive nutritional and educational assistance along with help with her daily school tasks and some guidance for her life.  

Oslith enjoys art and crafts including colouring and drawing. She hopes to become a doctor one day.

Where Oslith lives

The gulf between the haves and the have-nots in Colombia is alarming. Decades of civil war and conflict have resulted in a country plagued by violence and murder. For six million children deep in poverty, a lack of educational opportunities and malnutrition is an everyday reality. Children have severe health issues worsened due to not being able to afford medical treatment. Many children suffer from psychological problems as a result of neglect, abuse and violence experienced in their homes.

We established a care centre in 2015 to support families through educational provision, meals, counselling, training and housing support. Every day, our children come to our care centre eager to learn, play and receive emotional support. 


How your donation is used

92% of your donation will be used to directly provide the best care possible for Oslith. We’ll use the remaining 8% to support the work of Stand by Me and find a sponsor for the next child.

What you receive

When you sponsor Oslith you will receive a pack in the post with his story and photo. Every year you will receive an update about his/her progress, a new photo and at least one communication from him/her.

Real relationship

We know our kids love to receive your letters and write back so we encourage you to write as many letters as you like, along with photos and birthday gifts to develop a genuine relationship.

Stand by... almost there...