Neymar lives with his mother and shares a bedroom with his grandmother. They have electricity and running water, but they bathe in the river as they do not have washing facilities at home.
Neymar's grandmother learned about the work of the Stand by Me programme and wanted him to receive help by attending. With sponsorship provision Neymar can receive nutritional and educational assistance along with care and emotional support.
Neymar loves math and numbers. His favourite sport is football, which he enjoys playing with his friends. His dream is to become a professional football player.
The gulf between the haves and the have-nots in Colombia is alarming. Decades of civil war and conflict have resulted in a country plagued by violence and murder. For six million children deep in poverty, a lack of educational opportunities and malnutrition is an everyday reality. Children have severe health issues worsened due to not being able to afford medical treatment. Many children suffer from psychological problems as a result of neglect, abuse and violence experienced in their homes.
We established a care centre in 2015 to support families through educational provision, meals, counselling, training and housing support. Every day, our children come to our care centre eager to learn, play and receive emotional support.
92% of your donation will be used to directly provide the best care possible for Neymar. We’ll use the remaining 8% to support the work of Stand by Me and find a sponsor for the next child.
When you sponsor Neymar you will receive a pack in the post with his story and photo. Every year you will receive an update about his/her progress, a new photo and at least one communication from him/her.
We know our kids love to receive your letters and write back so we encourage you to write as many letters as you like, along with photos and birthday gifts to develop a genuine relationship.
Ask us anything. We’ve helped sponsors change 1000s of kids’ lives, and we know it can be a big decision. We’re here to help you every step of the way.