Meet Allan

Aged 7, Kenya

Allan was being raised by his grandparents as their own son as his mother was quite young when he was born and was still studying. He lives with his mum, younger sibling and grandparents and they work together as a family. His mother usually fetches the firewood and water from a well. Allan’s grandparents have planted some maize for themselves, and they also sell some. Allan’s grandmother is hard working and prioritizes money for food and other household needs, and then school fees. Through Stand by Me and the sponsorship programme Allan will have access to an education, food, clothing and health care. Allan enjoys playing with his aunt (who is a similar age) and does almost everything with her. He is a very confident and talkative young boy. He wants to be a pilot when he grows up. He enjoys playing football with his friends and loves to go to church every Sunday.

Where Allan lives

The Open Arms project is joining the Stand by Me family in January 2022. Open Arms International was founded in 2006 to meet the immediate needs of orphaned and abandoned children in western Kenya who were suffering from a wide variety of life-threatening diseases. After the 2008 political violence left thousands of children orphaned, abandoned and homeless, the project grew to support more children. Today, the Open Arms Village is now home to over 150 children with 10 purpose-built family homes.

How your donation is used

92% of your donation will be used to directly provide the best care possible for Allan. We’ll use the remaining 8% to support the work of Stand by Me and find a sponsor for the next child.

What you receive

When you sponsor Allan you will receive a pack in the post with his story and photo. Every year you will receive an update about his/her progress, a new photo and at least one communication from him/her.

Real relationship

We know our kids love to receive your letters and write back so we encourage you to write as many letters as you like, along with photos and birthday gifts to develop a genuine relationship.

Stand by... almost there...