Meet Vailet

Aged 8, Kenya

Vailet has a younger brother and an older sister. They live with their parents on their own piece of land. They use firewood as their fuel for cooking and they have a well within their compound which they use as their source of water.  They boil it first before drinking. They have a pit latrine. 

Vailet's father does some small scale farming to provide food for his family. The family has access to a medical dispensary, but they do not have any form of health insurance cover. To assist the family's needs, Vailet was accepted onto the sponsorship programme to receive quality educational support.

Vailet is a playful girl who likes skipping with a rope and hopes that one day she will become a pilot.

Where Vailet lives

The Open Arms project is joining the Stand by Me family in January 2022. Open Arms International was founded in 2006 to meet the immediate needs of orphaned and abandoned children in western Kenya who were suffering from a wide variety of life-threatening diseases. After the 2008 political violence left thousands of children orphaned, abandoned and homeless, the project grew to support more children. Today, the Open Arms Village is now home to over 150 children with 10 purpose-built family homes.

How your donation is used

92% of your donation will be used to directly provide the best care possible for Vailet. We’ll use the remaining 8% to support the work of Stand by Me and find a sponsor for the next child.

What you receive

When you sponsor Vailet you will receive a pack in the post with his story and photo. Every year you will receive an update about his/her progress, a new photo and at least one communication from him/her.

Real relationship

We know our kids love to receive your letters and write back so we encourage you to write as many letters as you like, along with photos and birthday gifts to develop a genuine relationship.

Stand by... almost there...