Abigael is the first born child in a young family of three children. Her father and mother do casual work when they can in order to provide for their children. This however is not a regular source of income. Abigael's parents are caretakers to the home in which they are staying.
The family do not have a source of water where they live. They have a toilet but it is in a poor condition. Learning of this family's situation, Abigael has now been accepted onto the sponsorship programme, to enable the family to receive support.
Abigael is a courageous and disciplined girl who aspires to be a teacher when she grows up. She likes playing football and drawing.
The Open Arms project is joining the Stand by Me family in January 2022. Open Arms International was founded in 2006 to meet the immediate needs of orphaned and abandoned children in western Kenya who were suffering from a wide variety of life-threatening diseases. After the 2008 political violence left thousands of children orphaned, abandoned and homeless, the project grew to support more children. Today, the Open Arms Village is now home to over 150 children with 10 purpose-built family homes.
92% of your donation will be used to directly provide the best care possible for Abigael. We’ll use the remaining 8% to support the work of Stand by Me and find a sponsor for the next child.
When you sponsor Abigael you will receive a pack in the post with his story and photo. Every year you will receive an update about his/her progress, a new photo and at least one communication from him/her.
We know our kids love to receive your letters and write back so we encourage you to write as many letters as you like, along with photos and birthday gifts to develop a genuine relationship.
Ask us anything. We’ve helped sponsors change 1000s of kids’ lives, and we know it can be a big decision. We’re here to help you every step of the way.